Peak sale days online sellers should not miss
Marketing whether online or offline is all about the right timing. You should check the calendar before scheduling a newspaper marketing, email or a social media campaign. Because a poorly timed campaign will end up failing thus wasting your efforts and money. Heavy sales are always dependent on seasons. Some festival arrives and sales volumes peak, same as the case with important events depending on the country you are selling in, so Peak sale days for online sellers - should not miss
E-commerce sales are no different but are also the most unpredictable. The seasons here are not restricted to festivals or weather, rather it depends on the customer’s mood, social recommendations, and money availability.
What matters more to the customers is the appealing factor or products your store carries, and the discounts you are offering. To win the audience and your customers, you need to start the preparation early. But first, you need to know when to start and what are the important events.
So, if you are into eCommerce and want to maximize your sales then we have listed down a few tips that might prove to be profitable for your business. Firstly, let’s start with the knowledge of peak sale days that online sellers should not miss.
The Top 8 peak sale days in the US For online selllers:
Back to School – (Mid-August – 1st week of September)
In the US and few other places, the school holidays start in June and ends on Mid-August or on 1st week of September. Between the Mid-August and September, students and their parents do a lot of shopping to fulfill their school requirement. This is one of the best seasons for eCommerce sellers to increase sales. Putting the right products on your ecommerce platform is not sufficient, marketing it on the right way and at the right time. Strategically planning and marketing the School products is essential to make the most of these 2-3 weeks period peak season.
Your Marketing Strategy for Back to School Peak sale days:
- Seasonal Blog posts that showcase the best products for the kids and your best offers.
- Facebook live events with your best offers and discounts. Here you can engage your customer in real-time.
- Push Notifications are always ignored by the customers but if it’s used strategically then it can help you bring the customers to your online store.
- Videos are the best mediums that drive more engagements.
- Personalized emails that also notifies holiday promotions and personalized discounts.
Halloween’s Day – 31st October for online sellers
Holiday season marketing strategies are somewhat similar but when it comes to Halloween you need to add a pinch of spookiness into it. But first let’s have a look at some numbers:
As per the survey:
- 170+ Million Americans celebrated Halloween in 2018.
- Approximately, $30 were spent by a single person for Halloween day’s decoration.
- Among the total American population, about 50% of them purchased the costumes.
- 70% of them purchased different types of candies for Halloween trick-or-treat.
So, as we now know that Halloween is the best season to increase eCommerce sales, the next step is what you should be doing?
First of all, you should give a spooky transition to your store and products. The marketing strategies you should apply for the Halloween peak sale days:
- Revamp your store temporarily as per the Halloween theme so that people will get the festive vibes.
- Decorate your Offer pop-ups with the Halloween theme.
- Allure your customers by decorating your Brand Logo Strategically.
- Send a newsletter with promos and special discounts.
- Keep the option of Gift cards as it is one of the preferred items during the festive seasons these days.
The products you should put on Discount during the Halloween Days are:
- Costumes: As 50% of the population buy costumes
- Candies: About 70% of the population buy gift candies.
- Pet Costumes: Around 16% of the American love to dress their pets in Halloween day 2019.
Alibaba’s Singles Day – 11th November – Known as 11.11
Alibaba Singles day falls on 11th of November. If you don’t know, this day has a massive sale of more than 25.3 billion. Yes, the eCommerce site reaches this massive amount in a single day. That is why it is termed as 11.11. In 2018, with 1,80,000 sellers on board, this eCommerce site had a business of 30 billion in the 24 hours mega sale.
Sellers around the world come with various offers and sell their products on Alibaba 11.11 peak sales day. You need to do the preparation beforehand as before this peak sale day hits you won’t have time to do anything. What you need to do for this peak sales day for online sellers :
- Plan in Advance – from August itself
- Plan for the products you would be selling.
- Top Discounts you can provide.
- Plan the strategies to market your sale.
- Determine the promo codes and offers.
- Stock up your store
- Decide on the best google and Marketplace Ads
What else you should be prepared with for 11.11 peak sale days:
- Auto Acknowledgment of orders
- Centralized control of all the orders
- Best inventory Management software
- Shipping and accounting software in place
Thanksgiving Day – 28th November
Thanksgiving is celebrated in many regions of the US to express gratitude for the good harvest and also blessings of the preceding year. It’s a cultural festival and at the same time considered as one of the peak sale days by the eCommerce sellers.
Thanksgiving is the day where all the retail stores stay closed, which thus gives rise to online shopping. This is one of the profitable days that the eCommerce sellers cannot afford to miss.
Important Points about Thanksgiving Day
- The Ecommerce sites got a business of approximately $3.7 billion in the last year.
- 50% of traffic was recorded from mobile devices.
- Thanksgiving sales of $1 billion itself were through mobile devices.
You should be prepared with:
- Mobile friendly stores or websites
- Set up the express shipping process
Black Friday – 29th November
Black Friday is the day just after Thanksgiving Day. Retailers in the early days stated that just after Thanksgiving Day they experience either no sales or very less sale and so the day was named as black Friday. But as time passed people started shopping more on this day. Let’s have a look at the details and see what this peak sale day has to say:
- More than 137 million people shop for various things on Black Friday.
- Clothing is one of the top commodities sold on this day.
- Office supplies are put up on a 50% discount.
So, just strategize your marketing plan and provide discounts depending on what your competitors are providing.
Cyber Monday – 2nd December
Cyber Monday is not a holiday, but people come back to their offices after long holidays like thanksgiving, and black Friday. People are either in front of their desktops or laptops so here the mobile-first strategy doesn’t work.
Important points you should know about Cyber Monday:
- Among all sales channel, webstores gain more traffic.
- Facebook traffic stays on the second spot
- The traffic is less through mobile and more through desktop and laptop.
- The highest revenue on Cyber Monday is of fashion and Jewelry brands and it usually comes through Facebook.
- Amazon is the most preferred marketplace by shoppers.
- Switch to automated inventory management as sales number go high on this day
Your Selling Strategy for cyber Monday:
- Choose the right sales channel that is mostly preferred by the audience on this day. The most preferred channels are Facebook and Instagram.
- Design an email marketing strategy that is effective and strong.
- Social Media Campaigns are a “must-have” for your business on Cyber Monday. Come up with the most appealing and engaging social media campaigns.
Christmas – 25th December for online sellers :
25th December day is celebrated all over the world with lots of joy. Christmas Winter season is considered as one of the peak sale days in the eCommerce world. The sales graph turns high and makes the eCommerce holiday more important and profitable. As per the survey, the average expenditure by a US household during Christmas season is $906.
What people prefer to buy from online selles :
- Consumer Electronics
- Computer and Accessories
- Games and toys
- Household Appliances
- Mobile Phones
- Jewelry and Watches
- Gift Vouchers and many more
Strategizing your Plan:
- Make your store more appealing with Christmas theme
- Come up with Amazing offers
- Simplify your checkout processes
- Be flexible with your shipping and delivery
The days listed above are one of the most important days for eCommerce business as you receive heavy traffic, high sales and more profit. With all the important days listed above, you should start the preparation strategically and make marketing decisions accordingly.