A Step by Step method on How to sell on Bol.com marketplace
E-commerce industry in recent years has shown huge growth. It is said that almost 92% of American’s shop online and about 40% of shoppers buy something from the online marketplace once in a month. Likewise, countries like Netherland and Belgium also has a huge online market, where it is recorded that Belgium eCommerce has a worth of over €10 billion. Among the crowd, Bol.com is one of the topmost marketplaces that is ruling Netherland’s and Belgium’s eCommerce world.
A brief know-How about Bol.com marketplace
Bol.com is an online marketplace that is serving millions of clients in Netherland and Belgium. As per the research report of 2015, it is known to be one of the strongest brands in Netherland and is expected to have higher growth in the future. Bol.com operates in a similar way as what the other marketplaces work, it is somewhat more similar to Amazon. Bol.com marketplace also sells directly to customers and also offers its platform as a marketplace where other online retailers are able to list and sell their products.
Both old and new products can be sold by the third-party retailers on Bol.com marketplace. The marketplace has a turnover of more than €1 billion. It has approximately 15 million visitors a month.
Product Category Bol.com marketplace offers
Bol.com lists approximately 11 million products. The categories include
- Toys and Hobbies
- Jewelry and Accessories
- Household and cooking
- Baby and Child
- Music, film, and games
- Garden and DIY
- Sports and Leisure
- Computers and Electronics
- Health and Beauty
- Office and School
- Pet Supplies
Why you should sell on Bol.com Marketplace?
These few reasons are enough for you to sell on Bol.com marketplace
Potential and Size of the marketplace
- It is one of the frequently used ecommerce platforms by shoppers of Belgium and Netherland.
- It has 8 million customers and 2 million of them visiting every day.
- The platform helps its merchants to fully optimize the listings through its services.
- It also offers fulfillment Services where it handles your product shipping.
- You can link your Bol.com merchant account with the internal sales system.
- This internal sales system offers a partner service to get answers to all your queries related to selling and platform usage.
- The Channel runs an affiliate program known as Bol.com partner program.
- It has more 30000 affiliates working for this website who promotes the products on its website.
- With the help of affiliate programs, not only the main platform advertising is performed but also the individual products are advertised.
- com helps you to find the buyers for the product you sell on this platform.
- You can use several advertising options for Bol.com to increase the visibility of your products.
- The advertising options include sponsored products and banner ads.
- com also has online magazines such as tech magazine, style magazine, and Home magazine, where you can advertise your products.
- These online magazines are said to have approximately one million readers.
- The real power of the online publications is that they target the customers who are interested in buying your products.
- Last but not least is the mailing campaigns which advertises the products by sending emails to the customer database that bol.com holds.
Now you might be thinking of how to sell on Bol.com and might be in a rush to register and start selling. So, let me take you to the in-depth journey on bol.com registration from start.
How to start the procedure and sell on Bol.com
Before starting the registration, you should have a Belgian or Dutch VAT number. You must be registered for a minimum of 10 weeks with either:
Once you are done with the VAT number registration, then the first step to sell on bol.com is to create an account:
- Create an Account
- Then after the successful account creation login to your customer account
- In the menu, Select the Sales Account option
- Enter your personal details as well as business details.
- After you accept all the conditions, Bol.com would send you an Email for your confirmation on account opening.
- Please enter the correct postal address as Bol.com would send you a physical letter. The letter would contain the verification and it will reach you within 2-3 business days.
- For completing the registration, you need to enter the verification code. After this, your registration process is completed. You also have to upload a product feed.
Product feed specification
The products in your product feed should fit into one of the categories mentioned above. Only the Jewelry category currently is not accepting the products. All the products in your feed should either have an ISBN or EAN number. Your product feed should be a tab-delimited text file and should have a maximum size of 10 MB.
Bol.com Marketplace Fees
The store setting up procedure and product listing is entirely free on Bol.com. You need to pay the transactional fees only when the customer buys your product. The amount of transactional fees depends on the product you sell. But there are two elements towards the fee:
- Fixed Charges even if your product price is higher or lower
- A percentage of the sale
The non-Dutch sellers will be charged with a fee excluding VAT.
The fixed fee ranges from €1 to €3 euro. The percentage of sales price a customer would be charged ranges from 5 to 17 percent (Only the Jewelry category has a higher percentage fee of 25%).
Bol.com marketplace Optimization Tips
The same standard optimization of other marketplaces is applied by Bol.com. You should upload interesting descriptions, high-quality images and make sure you keep your feed up-to-date, etc.
You should also keep a note that you are fulfilling the well-documented and specific minimum standards of service that Bol.com requires. If you don’t meet the standards, you will not be able to sell much and at the same time, there are chances that Bol.com might remove you from the platform.
Like Amazon, Bol.com also closely monitors the performance of the sellers. The more focus is given on excellent customer service, lower cancellations and lower delivery times.
Integration of Bol.com with KartzHub
Kartzhub offers easy integration of Bol.com to its platform. The integration would help you to manage your inventory, orders, shipping and accounts with greater flexibility and with much lower time investment. Easily manage your business at the tip of your hands and sell while you sleep.