Know how a sales order management software increases revenue and helps in customer retention
For any business, whether it be an online store or a brick and mortar store, it is vital to follow the procedures and stay organized in each and every step. This ensures a smooth and effective running of the business. Each business aspects are important, that includes right from ordering a product, listing the SKUs, selling the product, processing the order, updating the backend inventory, keeping a strict check on accounts and effective shipping. When these all aspects are organized well, it automatically helps you to earn good profits.
These aspects cannot be fulfilled manually if you manage many SKU’s. There might occur some or the other downsides while trying to manage it manually, moreover, it also adds up the cost of human resources. The best way to make your business operations run smoothly, without the need of engaging multiple people is to use a centralized sales order management software.
After speaking to many online sellers, we have been able to gather a good sense of questions that we are usually asked by the sellers. Ecommerce sales order management software, being a new tool, often is confused with some other software. So, let’s have a clear idea of what all tasks this software can perform and how it can help you to succeed in your business:
FAQs of Sales Order Management Software or Ecommerce Order Management Software
What is Ecommerce order management software or Sales order Management software?
An Ecommerce sales order Management Software allows a brand to fulfill the sales order processing more efficiently and systematically. It’s a complete order management solution that includes:
- Web order management
- Mobile order writing
- B2B Ecommerce
- Ability to integrate with all your back-office systems.
Businesses thinking of adopting an automated sales order management software are actually replacing manual sales order processing that has become difficult to manage.
The Ecommerce order management software should have the ability to showcase the products using:
- Digital catalog interface
- Detailed product description with images
- Customer list and customer order history
The software also gives easy access to the inventory levels of each of your SKUs, so that you get the in-depth backend knowledge and can be able to sell more intelligently. Most of the sales order management software also includes B2B eCommerce component that enables your retailers to log into the software with the ID’s allotted to them that may include required user access. Your retailers can log in anytime and view your stock levels and can place the orders.
Does sales order management software is similar or different from CRM and ERPs?
CRM is software used for managing an organization’s present and future customer interactions. It’s a powerful system that helps enhance data aggregation across huge contacts, pipeline management, and reporting.
An ERP system is the facts about inventory or financial events. It’s the aspect on which the brand runs its business on.
While you can easily access, upload and update your customer information in eCommerce order management software.
This can well be explained with a concept known as “Three orders” that differentiates these aspects at the fundamental level:
- Order Number 1: ERP market serves yesterday’s orders.
- Order Number 2: It predicts what your tomorrow’s order would look like based on the data produced from your CRM.
- Order Number 3: It is today’s order represented by sales order management software, the order you are writing right now.
How does an Ecommerce Order Management Software Impact my business?
The sales order management obviously depends upon your present sales process, marketing strategies, the technology adopted by your sales team, and the integration level. With the implementation, almost every online seller would see good revenue and operational growth.
- Increase in sales: With easy listing and integration methods, you get more time for the marketing activity while you spend less time on administrative work. The presentation through the eCommerce order management software is also appealing. The software easily customizes image size and contents depending upon the marketplace requirements. This helps to increase customer volume on different channels.
- Faster Order processing and Fulfillment: As the orders from different channels are synced and displayed on a single platform, the sellers can easily view the order received from different channels. This enables them to easily, confirm the order, process and fulfill it at a lesser possible time.
- Reduction in Order processing costs: Manual order processing requires more manpower and time. You have to manually check on every channel if any order has arrived. Then, process it, that includes picking the product, packing and then shipping. You also need to manually go to every channel and deduct the SKU shipped. With sales order management software this manual process gets eliminated and you need to spend only a few minutes on processing. Rest of the inventory is automatically updated.
- Increase in customer retention: Retailers would like to approach those brands who perform speedy business and sell products faster. While customers would prefer the brand that offers quality products at lower price and faster shipping rate.
- Product display: An additional advantage with the Ecommerce order management software you get is that with its internal algorithm and reports, it suggests customers most preferred product. This would help you to market your products in front of the right audience.
With eCommerce order management software, you can also access real-time data that includes inventory movement, order management, accounting, and shipping process. Get immediate information about a product and customer. Establish a closer business relationship with your valued customers. The eCommerce order management software allows a customer to easily place the orders, check stock availability and status of their orders and shipping.
The eCommerce order management software also allows you to automatically change the frequent pricing of your product as your competitor changes the price. This would help you to stay competitive always while you earn good profits, even if you lower the price range of your product.
Get accurate sales analysis, so that you get the idea of which product is selling well and which is not. This would help you to change the marketing strategies of the non-selling products.