Amazon is a very profitable eCommerce channel for manufacturers and retailers. Retailers who religiously follow the guidelines laid down by Amazon continue selling and even earn good profits. But if the sellers failed to abide by the guidelines, then Amazon would also not shy away on suspending their accounts. If you don’t want to come under the Amazon seller suspended account category then seriously follow even the minute things that are suggested by Amazon.
Amazon has many automatic triggers that lead to the suspension of the account. Sometimes sellers are not at all aware about the reason behind their Amazon seller suspended account. Amazon representatives are so brutal, while confronting the sellers on Amazon support forum, that they give them below responses:
Sellers whose Amazon account is suspended, not only have their large amount of marketing profits at stake, but also their stock becomes immovable. While the marketplace is so strict that sometimes you don’t seem to have that positive outlook of getting reinstated on Amazon.
But if you are keen to sell on Amazon again then the sellers should take some impactful steps to know the Amazon concerns and address them. With this, you can create the scope of getting back to selling on the marketplace.
Investigate the reason for your Amazon Seller Suspended Account
Amazon will inform you of the cause in a technical language for the suspension of your account. But it may not give a detailed explanation on how your account has violated Amazon policies. To know more details, preview your Seller Central and identify the areas where you lack.
Below are the top reasons for your Amazon seller suspended Account:
- Poor Seller Performance:
Amazon is very strict when it comes to seller performance metrics . If you cancel too many orders, have a low score on customer reviews and don’t do timely shipping, then you are at a greater risk of account suspension.
Amazon is also very strict on sellers abiding product content policy. The product should have a suitable title, product images, bullet points, back-end search terms and an ideal description with suitable keywords. This is seen in the form of ASIN suspension and if the seller is continuing the same violation then the next stage would be full account suspension.
Make sure you are following Amazon’s minimum targets below:
- Order Defect rate < 1%
- Pre-fulfillment Cancel Rate < 2.5%
- Late Shipment rate < 4%
Below is the example of your account health page where you can view where you are lacking;
- Seller Policy Violation
Amazon sellers should clearly understand the Amazon requirements before even signing up to sell. Sellers should make sure that Amazon rules are not violated by:
- Regularly auditing the product information and ensuring that it is matching Amazon policies.
- Become familiar with Amazon’s agreements and policies.
- Follow the latest Amazon updates and ensure you are up to the par with the latest updates.
If you are abiding and familiar with the rules then you have room to negotiate with Amazon when your account is suspended.
- Selling Restricted Products
Amazon aims to maintain high-quality product information and inventory on its platform. Restricted products are easily identified by Amazon to make sure that the customers are not viewing the products that are not aligned with Amazon’s standards. Amazon marketplace also encourages sellers to report any kind of violation by another seller. The marketplace is extremely devoted when it comes to flagging restricted products. So, you should be every time checking your account to quickly catch the notices and contact Amazon support center as soon as possible.
Steps for Reactivating the Amazon Suspended Account
Find out the actual reason for the suspension
First, analyze where you went wrong and so you can find the right solution. Read the suspension notice sent by Amazon to know the root of the problem.
Generate an action plan
Let Amazon know about you that you are a very reliable vendor. Your actions should include the following:
- Practical steps that are taken by you to address the issues.
- Implement some strategies so that you can prevent this suspension from happening again in the future.
- Create a list of positive attributes about your account to show Amazon that you are an important contributor to the Amazon marketplace.
Appealing to Amazon
To reinstate your seller’s account, send a petition to Amazon. Use the below steps:
- In your account, go to the Seller Central
- Navigate the performance tab, and from the dropdown choose Performance Notifications.
- Locate the Suspension Notice and then click on the appeal tab.
- Fill the Appeal form by stating and clarifying your plans of action.
Bonus Tips for Successfully Reactivating Amazon Suspended Account
Amazon receives a lot of requests for reactivating the varied Amazon suspended accounts. To make your requests stand out use the below strategies:
- Mention the detailed reason for suspension. Thus, Amazon would understand the issues and know that you are taking complete responsibility for it.
- Highlight your current positive store attributes and how it is beneficial for the marketplace.
- List down your strong selling techniques you will implement. It will provide a good image of you as a vendor.
- Be straightforward while you outline your plans on how to provide the customers of Amazon with a better shopping experience.
- Keep a positive and professional tone while you are putting the request.
Apart from appealing on Seller Central for reactivating the Amazon account, the seller can also email their plan of action on the email ID email@example.com.
We very well understand your concern about getting suspended on Amazon. But as a good entrepreneur, you should take the necessary strides to overcome from the issue and enhance your business operations.