We collect information from you in various ways when you use our application and service. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you
- Information You Give Us.
- We collect information you give us on our Web site and when you register for and use our services.
Examples include the following
Registration and Profile Information, when you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
If you choose to use a paid KartzHub account or service, our payment-processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address. We share your information to these third-party vendors who are involved in the sign up process, like credit reference agencies and payment providers.
Third-Party Account Information
When you connect our services to your marketplace accounts on third-party websites, we collect the login and authentication information necessary to maintain the connection, as well as any information downloaded from these third-party websites, such as order and inventory information.
Submissions and Customer Service
We may from time to time ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. We may keep the responses you submit to help us improve our services.
We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
Automatically Collected Information
We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Web pages, services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may from time to time share your user and/or application data with selected third parties whom we feel would be of genuine interest to you. If you do not agree to this use of your information, please opt out as part of the registration process with us, or to change your preferences at any time please email us.
You agree that when you send us or provide us with personal information via email (that is, in a message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a form that emails us this information) or via telephone, we will use the information you provide to respond to your requests. You agree that we may forward your email or information to other companies and/or the employees of partner organizations, or contract personnel who are better able to assist your business.
If your personal information changes in any way, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on Kartzhub at any time. You can also request changes or access to your information by emailing email@example.com.
Kartzhub may send you communications or data regarding our Web sites and services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Web sites and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Kartzhub by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
Technical Data and Analytics
Information we collect about you:
When you visit our KartzHub website, we will automatically collect the below information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, your login information, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visits, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, length of visits to certain pages, download errors, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Where is my data stored?
KartzHub limited is based inside the European Economic Area (EEA). KartzHub branches is based outside the EEA as well. Many of our external third parties are also based outside the EEA so the processing of your personal information by these third parties will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we ensure it is protected by making sure that at least one of the following safety measures is in place:
- by transferring your personal information to the country that has been considered to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission.
- by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give your personal information the same protection it has.
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third-party data storage providers.
How long do we retain your data for?
Where you are a customer of KartzHub, we will retain your data for a period of 6 years following the termination of your service, to ensure that we are able to assist you, if you have any queries, issues or feedback in connection with our services or if any legal issue arises.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or legal requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for the personal information we hold, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the reasons why we handle your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances (such as analyses of the retail market) we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your right to object under data protection laws
You have the right to object us about handling your personal information when:
- we are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests. If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless and until we have certain compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue; or
- for the marketing purposes. If you ask us to stop handling your personal information on this basis, we will stop.
What are my rights under data protection laws?
You have various rights under the data protection laws, which you can exercise by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right of access
You are entitled to receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information.
You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
Right to rectification
You have the right to make us rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to complete the incomplete personal information we hold about you by providing a supplementary statement to us.
Right to restriction
You can restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- you think we hold inaccurate personal information about you;
- our handling of your personal information breaks the law, but you do not want us to delete it;
- we no longer need to process your personal information, but you want us to keep it for legal reasons; or
- where we are handling your personal information because we have a legitimate interest.
Where you exercise your right to restrict us from using your personal information, we will then only process your personal information when you agree, except for storage purposes and to handle legal claims.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, standard machine-readable format and to send this to another organization controlling your personal information.
This right only applies to your personal information we are handling because you consented to us using it or because there is a contract in place between us.
Right to erasure
You have the right to require us to erase your personal information which we are handling in the following circumstances:
- where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- where we needed your consent to use your personal information, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other lawful way we can continue to use your personal information;
- when you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling it;
- if our handling of your personal information has broken the law; and
- when we must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subjected to.
Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
How can I contact you with Complaint or feedback?