Shipping Software: A major concern for eCommerce sellers
Ecommerce world is not just confined to showcasing the products online and selling it. It includes a whole lot of process in order to complete the loop of your selling process, starting right from listing the products, uploading good images, order management, inventory management, accounting and last but the most important is shipping. When you offer great shipping software features to your customers, along with the great products, customer loyalty towards your brand increases and here you can expect repeat customers, referrals and new customers as well.
To grow your business online you need to have an effective shipping strategy as it is the most impactful step. Many eCommerce sellers think that offering free shipping to the customers is the smart move they have taken for their business but that sometimes eat up their profit margins. An eCommerce business is about differentiating yourself from your competitors while concentrating on your margins as well.
For an effective shipping strategy, there should be coordination between the multiple teams within your organization. Not only the fulfillment team, but even your marketing team should be aware of the products that are shipped so that in case of an issue they should be able to handle the customer. This can only happen if you have a great ecommerce shipping software.
Best Practices of strategic eCommerce shipping Software
Bring together the right team
Your business needs the right people to make the right decisions and this is the first step towards a prosperous business. So, let us see the people and teams you need to allocate on your ecommerce shipping software and what are their work priorities to make the process of shipping easy: Marketing Team
In order to bring the audience to your site the marketing team often uses promotional strategies like free shipping Software or flat rate Ecommerce shipping Software and for this the marketing team should be aware of the facts like:
- Which are the products that have a higher abandonment rate? Does it make sense to offer shipping promotion on those products?
- What are the major events on which you can run the promotions?
- What are your profit margins on a particular product if you run free shipping promotions?
- How often you can run the promotions looking into the profit margins?
- Do you need a landing page?
- How will you message the upcoming prospects to your customers?
You can get this complete information with detailed analysis report in one of the best ecommerce Shipping Software or multicarrier shipping software.
Web designing and development
This team needs to make sure that the offers are clearly visible to customers and are not confusing. Also, the right shipping options in coordination with other teams are shown to the customers. Web designing and development team should know the details like:
- How to clearly convey other shipping options such as LTL freight and in-store pickup that is not known by most of the customers?
- What are the offers that would appeal to your customers the most?
- Is there any testing method that would show which offers to convert the best?
- If marketing requires a landing page then how soon can it be designed and implemented?
- What are the primary drivers towards your product or website? Is it cost, shipping speed, or some other options?
- How can you present the personalized shipping options to your site visitors?
- What all information do you need more to make your promotions more effective?
KartzHub’s eCommerce shipping solutions provide you with all the detailed analysis to help you make the right decision for effective web development.
No matter what your customer chooses as the shipping option for a particular or what all shipping offers, he/she is entitled to, your fulfillment team should be able to handle the fulfillment process like picking, packing and shipping efficiently and that too on-time.
For this, your team should be aware of
- The different shipping options and they should follow it properly by viewing the ecommerce shipping software.
- The labels clearly marked or not?
- The operational process is in place?
- The agreements with the shipping service providers are in place?
- Any new promotions that would impact your operational costs?
- How the shipping service providers can help you with the promotional activities?
- What are the best shipping service providers suitable for your products?
The best ecommerce shipping software provides you with a number of shipping providers and the cost of shipping with the tax rate of each state. You don’t have to go around collecting information, it’s all available in one place i.e. KartzHub ecommerce shipping software to make your shipping easy.
To answer customer queries the team should know the details about the product you have sent to the customer and this can only be done through the ecommerce shipping software which helps your team to answer the customers effectively.
- If a customer has a bad experience, the team should be aware of the details to handle them properly.
- The team should have knowledge about recent promotions and offers and this can be obtained through the best ecommerce shipping software.
- The customer service team should be aware of the different shipping options that work from door to door and this can be viewed through past history in the multi-carrier shipping software.
Once you have identified the work priorities of each and every team then the next step is to focus on goals. The major aspects you need to focus on are:
- How to increase conversions?
- How to find ways to increase the average order value?
- How to find ways to decrease costs?
- How to reach the target audience?
- Find different ways to improve operational efficiency?
Crucial ecommerce shipping considerations
Offering the right shipping options and rates to your customers is very important but it depends upon various factors like:
- Products weight, size and shipping destination: The shipping costs depends upon the product size, weight, and destination where it is to be shipped. The ecommerce shipping software would help you to calculate the exact costs in order to display it on your website so that you get good margins.
- Shipping options: Every product has shipping needs like the product might be fragile or you need to handle it with care so that it reaches the customer in one piece. KartzHub’s ecommerce shipping solutions provide you with many shipping service providers to choose from so that it fulfills your shipping needs.