Amazon recently announced that it would be introducing new fee changes. This fee changes would get into effect from 5th June 2019. You would see some significant changes, where on many products you would see a reduction in fees while some of the product categories would have a minimum increase in Referral fees.
Product Category with reduced Amazon Referral Fees
Depending on the new structure introduced, the sellers would see:
- A reduction in Amazon referral fees for Beauty, Health & Personal care, Grocery (excluding Beer, Wine and spirits), Baby products (baby products is excluded) from 15% to 8% with the items that would have a total sales price of €10/£10 or less. With a sales price of greater than €10/£10, Amazon will continue to charge the same 15% fees on the items.
- The Amazon referral fee percentage for items like Furniture would be reduced from 15% to 10% on any portion of the sales price greater than €200/£175. But the mattresses fee would remain unchanged that is 15%.
- A drastic reduction on Jewelry items from 20% to 5% on a total sales price of greater than €250/£225.
- The Amazon referral fee percentage for Watches would change from 15% to 5% on sales price greater than €250/£225.
Product category with Increase in Amazon Referral Fees
- Amazon has introduced a per-item minimum increase in referral fees of €0.30/£0.25 on all categories except for the categories like Grocery and Media that includes Music, Books, video games, DVD, Video and Software.
- Also, Products like TV’s, computers, and Laptops in France will have an increase in referral fees from 5% to 7%.
While the categories like Beauty and health care will have a greater impact due to the reduction of Amazon referral fee while the sellers selling products like TV’s and the computer would experience a tint of a price increase. So, Stay tuned with KartzHub to Know the latest news of Amazon.